family portrait

family portrait

It's only just the beginning....






Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Story of Us...

Four years ago today, not only was it a lucky day for many people (7/7/07), but it was the day that Justin asked me to MARRY him! (I would like to say that Justin planned the lucky day on 7/7/07, but honestly he had no idea - HA!)


Any way, it was pretty much a perfect day. We had just arrived in NYC - it was my first time being there for more than a couple of hours (Senior Year Choir Tour), and my first big trip with my then boyfriend. We were walking around exploring New York with Amy and Jeffrey (who were already engaged) and were having the best time. Justin had decided that he would let me call the shots of our free time that afternoon since he had been so many times. Well to me one of the more "New York" things you can do is simply walk around Central Park and people watch! We walked and took tons of pictures, and hopped into any random shops we wanted.



Later that night, we had plans to see "The Lion King" on Broadway. The girls got ready first, and then we went downstairs while the boys got ready. Well Jeffrey came down to the lobby by himself and made up a perfectly good excuse to need Amy to go to the pharmacy with him, while I went back upstairs by myself. (And somehow Justin convinced me to leave my purse in the room).



When I opened the door to our hotel room, all the lights were off and all I saw were tiny tea light candles lit on the floor. I looked up and Justin was standing there all alone. Like most girls, I was in shock. Justin had been adamant that he was not proposing in New York (he said it was too obvious, and I for some reason believed him!) And like most girls, I can't remember what he said - but I do know that I said "YES!", of course after he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and showed me the ring that I picked out! (My husband, he is so clever).



I'm so thankful that my parents gave their blessing to Justin, and ultimately trusted my judgement on wanting to marry this wonderful man after only being together for 8 months (literally from the moment we met to being engaged was 8 months).

Sadly, we do not have any digital copies of our first trip to NYC - so instead I am posting a wedding picture. Our wedding anniversary is 4/5/08.






As many of you know, New York has become our thing. We have been back twice since being engaged and it is always so special to us. I hope in the next few years we will go again, and one day take Blakeley! (She has technically been once, because I was 12 weeks pregnant during our last trip in 2009).



I love you Justin more than words can say. Thank you for loving me so much that you actually wanted to spend the rest of your life with me! I love that even now, we still can make each other laugh, and that at the end of the day you are my favorite person!



Happy July 7th everyone!

1 comment:

  1. is it weird that this made me completely teary? okay....a little more than teary eyed - basically full out crying. so sweet! i am so glad that he asked you to marry him, too! :) (and i had no idea it was only after 8 months - it felt like y'all had been together forever!) that was such a fun trip....it seems like a lifetime ago :) funny enough, jeffrey and i's "anniversary" of when we started dating was july 7th....must be a lucky day for love :)

    ReplyDelete