family portrait

family portrait

It's only just the beginning....






Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blakeley's birthday party

As many of you know, today is Blakeley's actual birthday and we were able to have her party today. Last year on Blakeley's first birthday I had already decided that her 2nd birthday theme was going to be "Ice Cream". Now, what I would do if pinterest wasn't around, I do not know. I'm not extremely creative or crafty - I try my best and usually things come out just ok.
This is Blakeley's birthday invitation I ordered from etsy:

I then simply thought that we could decorate everything in pinks and purple since I knew that would be very easy to find at Hobby Lobby or Party City. 

Now, on to my simple pinterest ideas.  I love looking at pinterest, but I've only ever actually used recipes I've found.  I just haven't had time to exercise my crafty side.   Any way, my two pinterest ideas were "Ice cream cupcakes" and "tissue paper pom poms".

 Clearly mine do not looks as good as on pinterest, but you get the point.
 And again, the pom poms not quite like Martha Stewart, but it was my first attempt!

 
As we were running errands preparing for her party, we couldn't resist this "Tangled" birthday banner (it even colored coordinated with everything).  Rapunzel is Blakeley's favorite princess.  We even got her a Tangled birthday crown, which she loves!

On top of the ice cream/Tangled theme, we also wanted to take advantage of having a decent fenced in back yard, so we bought Blakeley a pool for all the kids to enjoy during the party!

Aunt Amy had a wonderful idea to put the slide by the pool - this may have been a reason why Libbi later said "This was the best fun day ever!"


Now, on to the moment you have all been waiting for....blowing out the big two year old candle!  Here is Blakeley waiting for her cupcake (this promise of cupcake was the only way we got her out of the pool!)
 Her daddy picked out a cute sparkly number two candle!
 She blew the candle out but got a little scared when she did.
The birthday girl couldn't be troubled to really care that we were taking a family pic ;)


 
Because we took close to 150 pictures during the party, I decided to create a slideshow to show everyone that some of Blakeley's cousins were there and had fun!  Cousins make the best friends!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow created with Smilebox

Thank you to all of Blakeley's family that was able to make it.  She loves each of you very much - Buddy, Mimzy, Nana, Grandaddy, Aunnie Mags, Uncle Dave, Aunt Lucie, Uncle Jeff, Ethan, Hadley, Aunt Amy, Uncle Jeffrey, Libbi, Laney, and Mawmaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment