family portrait

family portrait

It's only just the beginning....






Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Day Blakeley was born....

Like most people, this is a day I will never forget! For some reason, I was in major denial that the baby could come early. I thought for sure, I would be one of those people who went past the due date (which was June 30th). So on the day of my 38 week check up, I went and got my hair cut ( ya know, one last time before the baby came!) Well, the appointment went a little longer than I had anticipated, and when I got home from my hair appointment - it was time to go! Not only was it time to go to my appointment, I didn't have a bag prepared in case the doctor said I couldn't go home! But I wasn't too worried because of course, I was in denial! Well, we get to the doctor, my BP is sky high, my blood work was way low, so my doctor said I was safe to induce!!!





Photobucket


This is a picture of my swollen self right before I was induced.

Well, after hours of nothing happening (not even tiny contractions) my doctor broke my water. Well that started it all! Contractions are NO JOKE! I feel like my labor experience was just like on the movies...I was hot and sweaty, screaming (b/c my epidural didn't work right and as I pushed for an HOUR I felt EVERYTHING!). Any way, after 19 hours of what was mostly an intense labor Blakeley Grace Johnson was born!!





Photobucket

Blakeley was born at 6:28 pm, weighing 6 lbs. 12. oz, and 21 inches long! She was soooo tiny! And look at that dark hair!





Photobucket


Proud daddy!!





Photobucket



Mommy looking absolutely ROUGH!!! ( I can't believe I am putting this picture up -- I may delete it later).



Photobucket



Proud Aunt Amy!!

Some of the Grandparents.....

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



OUR FIRST FAMILY PHOTO!! (please notice how much better I look after a few hours of sleep, shower, and make-up!) ;)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment